Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cool to be you

Good news- I've finally figured out this damn webcam and put a self timer on it. So no more awkward crouching!

Anywho, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, which is really quite unusual for me. You know, about this whole adulthood thing? It's only days before I'm 17- just one year away from pure, legitimate, ADULTHOOD. And I've just been reflecting on my life thus far.

It's kind of weird, in a way. I feel like I've developed both mentally and creatively, yet I feel like I've regressed in the same sense. I mean, I've lost that sort of creative freedom that I had in middle school, for example, like all of the times that I would throw random shit together and call it an outfit. It was so great and fun. But now I've redefined the way that I look at myself. In a way, it's confusing. And I'm not quite sure what to think of it. But it's an adventure in itself and I can't wait to dive right into it.

So here's an outfit that reflects that old non-caring way of my childhood self.

Shirt- Gap, inside out skirt- I don't remember, socks- Little Miss Matched, Shoes- somewhere underneath my bed, Unicorn necklace- Forever 21


Guys, this necklace is my pride and joy.

It's funny finding all of my old mismatching knee-highs. I'm pretty sure that I started a sock collection in middle school at one point. And I don't even particularly enjoy wearing socks.

x
Hazel

Current playlist:
anything by Guttermouth

4 comments:

  1. A unicorn necklace? That's awesome! I love the mismatched-ness of this outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you look super cool. I really love those shoes. I need a pair of mary janes. Those socks are also unbelievably perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome socks!! CUTE BLOG ALSO!! xxx


    http://naivebones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just came across to your blog and..I love your unique way of creating all the posts and your special writing! Not to mention the name of your blog! I'm definetely a follower now, and I was hoping we can keep in touch , because fashionable girls should stick toghether. I'm a blogger myself, so it's not hard at all finding me around all the fashionistas communities and my blog's facebook page.
    Hugs , kisses and good luck with blogging!!!

    Mary from http://teenfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete